search bar

Google

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I could get used to this feeling.......

So let me tell you about my victories in two small battles in the war on weight loss.

#1: My husband works second shift so he doesn't get home until 1:00 am and I usually stay up to make him dinner (he works hard so he DESERVES to come home to a hot meal and a ready wife-on most days). So anyways, man, I am jonesin' for something sweet. First thing that popped into my mind to satiate my palate was Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee ice cream. There was a time when I ate a pint a day for about 3 weeks and at 4 bucks a pop and 1200 calories a pop, it was pretty costly. Some days I ate two or even three pints. However I am trying to get this right, so I settled for some honeydew melon instead. The melon wasn't sweet, a total bummer, and so here I am seriously ready to run out and get some ice cream. But I held my peace and when my husband came home he went to the 7 eleven and instead bought me a Slurpee (I did beg him to get me the ice cream but he didn't do it-bravo!).

#2: Like you know by my earlier posts it was my kid's birtday so I got them some cupcakes to take to church to share with the kids in the nursery. I ate one and man, the frosting was so buttery, creamy, delicious I wanted to lick all the frosting off all 16 cupcakes. I mean it took the jaws of life to keep me from smashing all the remaining cupcake in my face and falling on the floor in a sugar induced frosting stupor. But I held my ground and good sense won for once in my life.

What I would like to say about my experience in these two situations is I didn't die, I didn't starve, I didn't fall on the floor in a puddle screaming "I'm melting" and my head didn't explode. I recognized that I didn't need the food and I controlled myself and I fell pretty darn good. I am actually PROUD of myself. That is a feeling I think I can get used to......

5 comments:

Naturally Blessed said...

thanks for the comment! though somethign is up with Blogger and it wont post....dang...

anyway, this is a huge accomplishment. i am a serious victim of emotional eating. can eat all day....when soemthgin goes wrong, or i'm stressed, the first thought is "what i can put in my mouth...i deserve it...for putting up with this stress"

bottle the feeling, girl. bottle it and take one a day as needed.

:)

Naturally Blessed said...

'scuse all those typos...i forgot to proofread. oh well.

Tigerlilly said...

Dont know how I came across your blog, but I'm glad I did. Your children are very handsome... and twins!! Good grief. I have two girls, 18 mos apart...so I have an idea of what you go thru every day.

What a wonderful hubby... not buying you ice cream in your hour of weakness....now that is love! LOL

I am still in the early stages of weight loss.. but the one thing that I do everyday is wake and promise myself that for that day, and that day only, I will focus on eating healthy... getting 30 mins of excorsize in... and drinking as much water as I can get in my mouth. One day at a time... thats all we can do!

Big Momma Black said...

Thanks for all the encouragement folks! I greatly appreciate it :)

Sunny said...

Thanks for your comments, I needed to hear them today...

Yay! Good for you Evita! Don't you just love the feelings of power you get when you're finally able to maintain control? It's such a hard thing to do, especially when those cravings hit and you can't get the thought out of your head. Good for you for sticking to the better choices. You are doing awesome!