search bar

Google

Saturday, August 4, 2007

CAN I GET A WITNESS!!!!!

I was instant messaging with a friend of mine (hello, Krystina) and we were talking about something that annoys a plagues those of us on the heftier side of life. It is so funny because I thought that this only happened to me. I have expanded the list to include three things off the top of my head that annoy me about being overweight (there are so many more but someone is already doing that) and I wanted to get some of you to let me know if you experience this too. Holla at me a comment on your experience:

1. Have you ever went to a store and saw and outfit you really liked or maybe had an outfit in your closet that was your favorite thing to wear and imagined yourself in it and thought about how you would look in it? Then when you put it on and get in the mirror and see yourself you say "OK, what just happened here? Something got lost in the shuffle, I don't think the mirror got my memo." It is like you looked so great in your head and when you actually saw yourself you are apalled. I don't know about you all but this happens to me ALL the time.

2. Have you ever sat down maybe in a hotel lounge or walked through a dept store and caught a quick glance of yourself in the mirror and thought "Who is that fat.....oh, gasp, It's me!"? Well, it just happened to me tonight and it has happened to me before.

3. Have you ever seen someone overweight walking down the street and thought about how bad THEY looked, only to realize that you probably looked just as bad and maybe they are looking at you and thinking the same thing about you thinking the same thing about them thinking the same thing about you and it becomes this vicious cycle?

I was going through these things in my head and I know I am not alone, comment on this and tell me about some of the things you go through or tell me that you go through the same thing. I would love to hear what you all have to say!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving your list! plus well done on the gym membership - go for the burn!!!

shurgood said...

You're in my head. I was thinking #2 while at the mall the other day with an out of town friend. I had to stop looking at the mirror.....

Jenera said...

I have those same thoughts all the time! The worst is when I have a day where I'm thinking I'm looking too cute only to see myself out in public in a mirror and realize, nope not so much.

I came across your blog and I will definitely be coming back to check in with you! Check out my blog if you have time!

sandy said...

I do that ALL the time. I am so hot in my head!

www.notfatyet.blogspot.com

Naturally Blessed said...

oh yes! especially seeing my reflection in the glass windows when i walk around downtown...several days that refelction has made me want to cry. i purposely avert my eyes now whenever i pass by one.

oh! how about feeling you thighs and butt "move" when you walk? i mean "move" independently of the walking motion your legs are doing. i can't wait until i can stop jiggling everywhere i go! lol

i can already tell a difference. it can only get better and better.

Yana said...

Love your list!

Big Momma Black said...

Glad to see I am not alone!!!!!

The Randomness said...

Oh my gosh your blog is genius!!!! Now I will never get #3 out of my mind. I find myself doing that until I see my reflection by accident. I say by accident because I absolutely DO NOT check myself out when I am walking around. See I like to think that I am bag of chips and all that - until reality sets in!